Sunday 8 November 2020

 



 

Welcome to the 2020/2021 school year!


Week 9
This week we welcome a new student Lujain.  We will be observing Remembrance Day on Wednesday in a virtual assembly. Last week we created a wreath and painted Picasso peace doves. The weather was great last week and I see from Environment Canada that the start of this week will be awesome.



Language:  This week we will be working on answering questions in full sentences.
 
In writing, we will be working on sequential writing. Students will be using words such as first, next, then and finally to order events in their writing. I am hoping to move to paragraph writing by the end of the week.







Math:  This week we will be focusing on measurement. We will start with linear measurement, centimetres and millimetres. We will be learning about tenths and how to use a decimal when measuring parts of a centimetre.

I am hoping to finish up subtraction with the class this week. Most students are becoming masters at subtracting larger numbers that require borrowing. We will be moving on to multiplication next.


Social Studies:
This week we will be starting to learn about Canada. We will start by looking at mapping.  
 
 

Gym:
Mr. Pearson announced on Friday that we will have access to the gym very soon! I am super happy about this as the weather is getting wetter. I am hoping to have 3 indoor gym periods a week and 2 outdoor periods. Also, any day that the weather is good we will be outside as the fresh air is important at this time.




Health: This week we will look at the importance of Daily Physical activity.
 

Music The class has been working very hard on rhythm and beat over the last week. They are loving the body percussion activities we are doing. 
 

 
Art: This week in Art we will be looking at colour and value.



Contact:  If you have any concerns or would like to meet with me, please call me at school or send me a note and we can arra
nge to speak at a time that is good for both.

If you leave a message for me on the phone system be aware that I will probably not return if until the following day. These messages come to me as an email and I can not listen to them from my computer at school as the speakers are not functioning. Also, we no longer have telephones with an outside line in the classrooms, this means I can only call on break if the phone in the office is not being utilized. That being said if it is an emergency please speak directly to Donna or Sandra in the office. 

The school number is (613)521-5922.
My email address is peggy.macleod@ocdsb.ca



Looking forward to a fantastic year!!
Peggy MacLeod 












No comments:

Post a Comment