Sunday 20 September 2020

  




  

Welcome to the 2020/2021 school year!


Week 2  
  We had a great kick off the to school year. The students are getting familiar with what the new schooling looks like. They are doing a great job sanitizing and washing their hads, staying in their seats and zones at recess and remembering to socially distance. Even after learning all these new rules and routines we managed to find time for some learning and some games. 

The weather is looking like it will be cool and sunny for most of the week, I am hoping to have the students outside a lot. Please have them dress in layers as it gets quite warm in our south facing classroom in the afternoons.


Language:  This week we will be looking at the strategy of visualizing. Students will be reading a short text describing an imaginary creature. They will have to use the description to create a picture of the creature. 

In grammar, we will be looking at nouns and capitalization rules. 

Writing this week will focus on how we can protect ourselves from germs.






Math:  This week we will be reading, writing and representing larger numbers. We will also be starting a review of adding larger numbers.


                                       

Physical Education: We have been asked to not use equipment during gym just yet. So we have been playing some running games. Last week I introduced Rock Paper Scissor baseball and it went well. This week I will introduce animal kingdom.


Science: 


Grade 4s will be starting habitats and will be learning what a habitat is and what it needs to provide for life.



Grade 5s this week will be starting to learn about the human body. They will start with a look at the skeletal system.





Contact:  If you have any concerns or would like to meet with me, please call me at school or send me a note and we can arrange to speak at a time that is good for both.

If you leave a message for me on the phone system be aware that I will probably not return if until the following day. These messages come to me as an email and I can not listen to them from my computer at school as the speakers are not functioning. Also, we no longer have telephones with an outside line in the classrooms, this means I can only call on break if the phone in the office is not being utilized. That being said if it is an emergency please speak directly to Donna or Lisa in the office. 

The school number is (613)521-5922.
My email address is peggy.macleod@ocdsb.ca





Looking forward to a fantastic year!!
Peggy MacLeod 









No comments:

Post a Comment